The MakersFactory Game Based Learning Solution is our GBL Cube
The MakersFactory GBL Cube is a server that delivers content-rich, hands-on Game Based Learning (GBL) education tools to teachers wanting to use games in the classroom at a low cost. The portable, pre-configured server is MinecraftEdu ready and supports up to 30 students in a variety of network environments with minimal to no impact on existing network infrastructure. Game play is possible through existing Ethernet LAN, existing Wi-Fi LAN or the server can broadcast it’s own LAN for classrooms with no network access.
The GBL Cube server bundle extends the capabilities of MinecraftEdu by providing free lessons in a wide range of subjects that meet targeted Common Core standards, as well as training for teachers to learn MinecraftEdu and create their own lessons.
District and School Administrators
- Easy Evaluation
- Low Cost Implementation
- Minimal to no impact on existing network resources
- Start using in your After School Program and after training bring into classroom
In the Classroom
- Integrated in-game exercises train teachers as they play Minecraft
- Free lessons covering topics ranging from biology, physics and geography to civics, history and writing.
- Teachers learn how to create worlds with custom mechanics, features and objects.
- Students develop critical thinking skills and control their game choices
- Teachers administrate the game and use results to assess student learning
- Students are excited to learn in a Game Based Learning environment
- Server is closed and secure to keep students safe and free of interacting with strangers